Monday 6 June 2011

Chewy oatmeal cranberry cookies


I tried an oatmeal cookie in a local Food Maker café a while back and had a died-and-gone-to-heaven experience. Unfortunately, it appears that I was the only one who liked them, as I never saw them again. So, I attempted to make them. This is what I came up with. If you are feeling decadent, soak your cranberries in something boozy (brandy or Whiskey). For 30ish cookies:

250g butter
230g brown sugar (cassonade)
100g lighter brown sugar
2 eggs
Vanilla powder
190g white flour
A teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons each of ginger and cinnamon
250g oats (I use Quaker oats)
150g dried cranberries

Heat your oven to 175 degrees.

Cream the butter and sugars.

Add the eggs and beat to combine.

Add everything else and mix.

Drop teaspoon sized drops onto a baking tray. Space them well apart, as they spread a lot! Pop into the oven for 12-14 minutes. You’re better undercooking them slightly as this will make them more chewy. Leave them to cool on the tray for a couple of minutes before you put them on a wire rack. 

They freeze really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment