Friday 11 May 2012

Pork and fennel tray roast with lemon and coriander


I’ve made this three times now, and this is the first time I’ve been quick enough to get a photo before it’s devoured! It’s really simple, and the kind of dish you can pretty much prepare, pop in the oven and leave there while you potter around. From fridge to table, it takes an hour.




Roast pork and fennel with lemon and coriander
The recipe comes from the May 2012 edition of delicious magazine.

For four people:
2 large red-skinned potatoes cut into chunks (new potatoes are in, so I used 3-4 per person)
2 fennel bulbs, sliced into eights
3 red onions, quartered
Olive oil
2 pork fillets (I used 600g), trimmed and cut into 8

Paste
2 preserved lemons, rinsed and dried and cut into pieces
A dribble of olive oil
Garlic cloves (I love garlic, so I use lots)
Chili – whatever amount you like, either flakes, dried or fresh
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 tablespoon of honey
chopped coriander

Heat your oven to 180°.
Put the potatoes and fennel into a pot of salted water, bring to the boil and boil for 2 minutes. Drain well and put into a roasting tin together with the onions and the olive oil. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
While all that’s going on, either blitz all the paste ingredients in a blender or chop up finely and mix together (second option = less washing up). I always add a crumbled stock cube too, and of course a little salt and pepper.
Rub the paste all over the pork pieces and leave aside.
When your veg have hit the 20 minute mark in the oven, tumble the pork pieces on top and return the lot to the oven for another 20-25 minutes, until the pork is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.

As I’d some parsnips in the fridge this week I used these too. I just boiled them with the potatoes and fennel first. Yum.
Photos are en route (probably tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment