Monday 6 June 2011

Alternative and slightly more fat muffins

In a fit of angst, my usual muffins-recipe website wasn’t working yesterday when I went to make my muffins for my working week. In desperation, I used this:

20g butter
170g castor sugar (use vanilla sugar if you have it and leave out the powdery stuff later)
3 eggs
470g flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
Some cinnamon
Some ground nutmeg
Some vanilla (if you’re not using the vanilla sugar)
300g frozen blueberries
150-200ml milk

Heat the oven to 220 degrees
Cream the butter with the sugar
Add the eggs, the dry ingredients and about 150ml milk
Stir to combine
Add the fruit
If its way too dry, add another splash of milk. If it’s still too dry add another splash.

My mixture was definitely not pouring consistency, and not as wet as other sponge/baked goodies I’ve done.
Spoon into a lined muffin tin – I got a good 18 muffins from this recipe.
Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Scoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment