Saturday 8 January 2011

First post!


Hello and thanks for popping into my blog. I’m an expat living in Belgium for about 7 years. I love cooking, especially Asian/Indian food. A lot of spices and mixes that are commonly available in the UK are not here, so I’ve found myself locating the raw ingredients for what I need and mixing them myself. The results are usually good. I’ve also made stuff from scratch that I would normally have no problem in finding at home, for example English muffins.
In addition, I also try to cook low-fat, particularly during the week. I am constantly on the look out for new low-fat alternatives to various cheeses, creams etc. that are not choc-full of sweeteners, additives or chemicals but that still taste the same. If I can’t find these, I will use the full-fat version. Life is too short to eat anything that tastes bleugh.
As I usually follow UK recipes that use UK ingredients and brands, I am trying to find alternatives here. As and when I do, I will make these known to you.

If you have suggestions on where and how I could find shops or importers that have UK or Irish goodies, please feel free to contact me. If you are one of the people that does such a thing and you would like me to link to your website, please contact me here too. Also, if you have comments, questions or musings that you would like to share, you can email too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment